After the gouraud-compo has been a big dissapointment this time a smaller competition. To be more accurate
its a two-competition-in-one package :) The aim is to optimize a routine drawing a line into a chunky buffer
by lengths and by size. So there will also be two charts - one for the fastest and one for the shortest.
You may contribute with different routines in both compos.
The deadline was sunday, september 21st, 1997
In case you are still interested in the full compo rules & source :download here.
Again many thanks to Flynn for preparing the great init-source and screenhandler. It was changed a little
to suit the linedrawing-compos needs.
Well - please download the competition package for more detailed rules.
- The size of the buffer is 256x256, with a color depth of 256.
- Your lineroutine has to accept following input:
- D0.w/D1.w: X1/Y1
- D2.w/D3.w: X2/Y2
- D4.b: color (this must be implemented!)
- A0: Pointer to chunky buffer.
- The other registers are in undefined state.
(Your routine will be disqualified, if it is using
input from any other register, than the mentioned
- All registers may be trashed, except a7.
- The line has to be closed. (no gaps)
- The line has to have a width of 1. (no 2 pixel wide lines in 45 degree cases)
- The line must hit both, start- and endpoint exactly.
- The routine must be working on 68020-68060! When you are sick enough to use
selfmodifying code, make sure that it does also work on 040/060.